National Bike To Work Day!
Date: May 19, 2017
ride your bike to work!
Friday, May 19th is National Bike to Work Day, and Cleveland will have riders participating all over town! Power your commute on 2 wheels by visiting one of many “Energizer Stations” throughout the area for free coffee and delicious breakfast goods! No matter where you are heading, check to see if a station is on your way, or near the start or finish of your route.
What is an Energizer Station? It’s a fun place for cyclists to stop by and get a snack or cup of coffee on the way to work, or a place to begin your ride with some moral support, or just a place to come hang out and support your fellow riders as the participate in National Bike to Work Day!
Head to Energizer Stations at the following locations –
- Downtown: The Bike Rack (2148 East 4th Street) – 7:00am to 9:30am (Caffeinated by Bruegger’s & fueled by Fresh Fork Market)
- University Circle: Thwing Center (10900 Euclid Ave) – 7:00am to 9:30am (Fueled and caffeinated by bon appétit)
- Lakewood: Lakewood Public Library (15425 Detroit Rd) – 7:00am to 9:00am (Caffeinated and fueled by Lakewood Public Library.) Beat Cycles will be leading 2 separate group rides (7:15am and 7:45am) that morning.
- Cleveland Heights: Edgehill Overlook (Corner of Edgehill Rd & Overlook Rd)- 7:00am to 9:00am (Caffeinated by Phoenix Coffee)
- Midtown Cleveland/Health-Tech Corridor: E. 66th and Euclid (across from Gallucci’s) – 7:00 to 9:00am (Caffeinated and fueled by Midtown Cleveland Inc. and Health-Tech Corridor) Free Bike checks by St. Clair Bike Works.
- Euclid: Villa Angela-St.Joseph High School (Corner of East 185th Street and Lakeshore Boulevard WB) – 6:30am-9:00am (Caffeinated and fueled by Bike Euclid.) A commuter group will gather to leave for downtown Cleveland at 7am.
- Brecksville: Brecksville Fire Station (9023 Brecksville Rd. 44141) (Caffeinated by Caruso Coffee and fueled by Heinen’s Muffins and Donuts)
Greater Cleveland RTA are on board if you need help with your commute or the weather doesn’t cooperate. On May 19th, passengers with bikes ride free all day! They’ll also have a bus parked at The Bike Rack to show people how to use the front loaded bike racks you see on all the buses in their fleet.
Don’t miss this opportunity to join cyclists nationwide as we take to the streets and embrace the power of getting to work under our own power. We do our best to make this day special for local riders, and we hope it stokes the fire for you to consider leaving that car at home at lot more often in the future.
Bike to Work Day is proudly sponsored by: