Become a League Certified Instructor
Date: Aug 26, 2016 - Aug 28, 2016
So you want to become a League Cycling Instructor?
League Cycling Instructors (LCIs) are certified to teach the League’s Smart Cycling curriculum to help people feel more secure riding a bike, to create a mindset that bikes should be treated as a vehicle, and to ensure bicyclists know how to ride safely and legally. Once certified as an LCI, you’re able to teach our curriculum and are covered by an insurance policy that indemnifies you while teaching a class.
Bike Cleveland is hosting an LCI certification class in August, 2016. The certification includes a mix of class time, skills and drills, and outside rides / exams on live Cleveland streets.
Steps to becoming an LCI
- Step 1: Take a Traffic Skills 101 Class.
- Step 2: Become a League Member.
- Step 3: Register for the LCI class.
- Step 4: Take the open book test provided by the instructor.
- Step 5: Attend the class.
THE August LCI SEMINAR
The LCI training seminar focuses on teaching and demonstration techniques used with future students both on the road and in the classroom. The seminar emphasis is on how to teach bicycle safety and skills so as to provide increased comfort and confidence for new and returning bicyclists and youth. The Seminar does not emphasize the content or specific details of the cycling course curricula. It is primarily about teaching, and each candidate will have opportunities during the seminar to practice facilitating parts of the Traffic Skills 101 curriculum, both in the classroom and in the parking lot. The seminar is normally one evening and two full days. Generally, 1/3 of the time is on-bike, so students should be prepared to ride.
The registration fee is $300 and includes the seminar materials
AUGUST 26-28: CLEVELAND, OH (REGISTRATION CLOSES 8/4)
- Location: Bike Cleveland Office (3000 Bridge Ave, Suite #1, Cleveland)
- Coach: TBD
- Hours: 5-9 p.m. Friday; 8 a.m. – 9 p.m. Saturday; 8 a.m. – 3 p.m. Sunday
- Registration Fee: $300
- After registration date: $75 late fee applied, pending Coach and League approval into the course
- Registration: Log in to your League account HERE to sign up, and read the infographic below.
- Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org