VeloSano 2015: Bike To Cure!
Date: Jul 17, 2015 - Jul 19, 2015
VeloSano 2015: Bike to Cure!
VeloSano, Latin for “swift cure,” is a community fundraising initiative for cancer research. At its core, it’s a cycling event where riders commit to raise a pre-determined dollar amount by requesting support from personal contacts. Rides start and finish in downtown Cleveland. Whether you Ride, Volunteer or Donate, every dollar raised benefits cancer research at Cleveland Clinic.
This year’s event will take place July 17–19. Riders may choose from a 12-mile fun ride, 25-mile fun ride, 50-mile challenge, 100-mile challenge, 179-mile two-day ultimate challenge or a 207-mile two-day ultimate challenge. Hundreds of Volunteers are also needed to support Riders and event weekend logistics. To learn more about this year’s event or to get involved, visit velosano.org.
Last year’s inaugural event featured 800 riders, 700 volunteers and more than 12,000 philanthropic supporters, raising nearly $2 million for cancer research. Visit velosano.org to view the 2014 Annual Report and see how these dollars are already at work.
Hundreds of Volunteers are needed to support VeloSano Riders and event weekend activities at our main venues and along the course. Specifically, Course Marshal support is needed to help Riders move safely along the routes. If you are interested in becoming a VeloSanoCourse Marshal, visit the VeloSano Volunteer Website to view available shifts and locations.
Course Marshal Registration Instructions:
- Visit the VeloSano Volunteer Website
- Select REGISTER NOW
- Select the box to VIEW ALL VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES
- Scroll down to view the Course Marshal shifts. Note there are options in downtown Cleveland, midtown Cleveland, University Circle, Shaker Heights, Chagrin Falls and Solon.
- Once you have selected the checkbox for your preferred shift(s), select NEXT to enter your additional information
- You will receive two emails from The Registration System – one notifying you when you create an account and one confirming your shift(s). If you don’t receive these emails, first check your junk box before contacting us.
Get Social With VeloSano