Cranksgiving Last Minute Details
10:00am – Doors Open
10:15am – Registration begins and breakfast (while it lasts)
11:00am – Brief program, distribution of maps/manifests, send-off
2:30pm – Return to West Park Station to donate food and for brief program and raffle
– We would much rather you come to the event even if you are not in a position to purchase groceries or cannot ride to all of the specified grocery stores. We understand that everyone has their own unique circumstances, and we’d much rather see you at Cranksgiving than not.
– Bundle up! Temps are supposed to be in the mid-30’s, and there’s a slight chance of snow. Dress accordingly.
– Bring something to haul your groceries, whether that’s a backpack, rack, pannier, or trailer. And of course, bring money and a lock.
– There will be bike parking on the back patio of West Park Station, as well as along Lorain Avenue. Please keep sidewalks and walkways clear.
– Group up! We recommend everyone ride with a few others for safety on the road, especially if you are unfamiliar with the area. If you don’t have a group, be sure to find yourself one before send-off.
– Century Cycles and Fairview Cycles will host rest stops with free refreshments at their shops. A great opportunity to warm up, grab a snack, and check out bikes and bike accessories.
– Trader Joe’s is making a food donation to the event and will set up a mini-mart somewhere in the vicinity. Trader Joe’s groceries won’t cost you anything. We simply need help hauling them to the event. Thank you to Bike Cleveland member Adrian Marti for coordinating the donation and mini-mart.
– West Park Station welcomes you to stick around for the Ohio State football game at 3:30pm.